"German general purpose machine gun most notable for its ability to produce a high volume of suppressive fire." - Official In-Game description.
The MG42 is a German Machine Gun in Call of Robloxia 5. The MG42 was designed and made in 1942 in order to replace the more complex MG34. The MG42 was notorious for having a high rate of fire, at 1200-1800 RPM, depending on how heavy the bolt is. The MG42 was so influential, that it went to inspire Germany's own MG1 and more recent MG3, both of which are almost identical to the MG42, and fire the 7.62x51mm NATO round. It has also inspired the Ameli, a Spanish LMG firing 5.56x45mm NATO.
The MG42 in-game isn't as fast firing as its real life counterpart, sadly, but it makes up for it in other stats...
- Deals 30 damage (36 with Stopping Power)
- Fires at 860 RPM (1032 RPM with Double Tap)
- 50 round belt
- Reloads in 4 seconds (2 seconds with Sleight of Hand)
The MG42 is the least versatile primary in the game, only having one attachment (and it's in the same category as the Bar Gun?)
- Bipod (eliminates recoil when prone)
- While the M1919 Browning has the versatility and power, the MG42 has the RoF, reload speed, and mobility.
- For a belt-fed LMG, the MG42's reload is surprisingly fast. In comparison, the Drum Mag PPSh-41 has a tactical reload of 4 seconds and an empty reload of 6 seconds.
- It is tied with the M1919 Browning for the most reserve ammo in the game, and 2nd most ammunition in the magazine, second only to the Drum Mag PPSh-41.
- It is the only non-Sniper Scope primary to have no damage dropoff.